Site by Dyad Communications

Princeton University Maclean House (Robert Smith, 1756)

In 1756, the fledgling Princeton University engaged carpenter-architect Robert Smith to design the first two buildings on its new campus. The President’s House, now known as Maclean House, preserves all of its 18th century Georgian millwork and retains the original layout. Celebrating Princeton’s long and distinguished architectural history, the restored building incorporates much of the University’s cherished collection of antiques. It is now, fittingly, home for the Alumni Association.

View Project
View Project
Play
<
>
Return