“No matter how grand the house, it is first and foremost a stage on which real human beings play out their lives.”
FROM THE FORWARD OF
American Splendor: The Residential Architecture of Horace Trumbauer
Move over Man Cave, it’s Mom’s turn to relax. Every woman needs a special place in her home where she can go to get away from the excitement and stress of her day - to recharge her batteries.
Barbara Eberlein has spent more than 30 years creating beautiful, and most of all livable interiors. In anticipation of Mother’s day this weekend we’ve put together a collection of beautiful spaces with Mom in mind.
1. A private, cozy outdoor space is a lovely place to drink coffee by the fire on cool evenings or refreshing iced tea in the summer. These center city Philadelphia dwellings are both peaceful escapes.
2. Every mother needs an elegant and sophisticated bedroom where she can relax peacefully away from the bustle of her busy household. We selected a cool color palette for these rooms.
3. Assignment: Create a bright and energetic office space, where mom can focus and take care of business. The antique pieces in these rooms serve as elegant work-spaces.
Newport Dream Antique Secretary
4. Green thumb? Transform a barren backyard into a lush garden retreat for Mom.
5. Moms love to have a dedicated place to cut and arrange flowers, repot houseplants, and store vases, containers and soil.
Overlook Farm Garden Workroom
6. Here we’ve created quiet places to curl up with a book in rooms with plenty of natural sunlight and reading lamps.
7. Make a poolside escape with terraced gardens, a cabana and just the right amount of shade for the mom that loves to swim. She’ll find pleasure entertaining her family in this easy environment.
8. What better place to gather with girlfriends, taking advantage of the natural beauty around your home especially if you have an ocean view…
9. Queen of her castle, what woman wouldn’t want to pamper herself in these spa-like bathrooms with elegant soaking tubs, beautiful tile, elegant wall coverings, and lots of natural sunlight?
10. A cozy sleeping porch is a lovely space to relax during precious quiet minutes.
11. Furnish her outdoor escape with soft linens that can withstand the elements while offering comfort and of course, get her a beach house if you can.